Looking for a quick and easy lacy crochet scarf pattern? This Athena Crochet Scarf pattern uses easy crochet stitches, so it’s great for beginners. The lacy stitch gives the scarf a beautiful draped appearance.
This scarf is just single crochet rows on each end with a 1 row repeat to get the length you want.
Ad-Free PDF Patterns Are Available:
The full written pattern and video are available below with display ads. But if you would like a written ad-free PDF to add to your pattern collection you can do so by purchasing one from my Ravelry shop or Etsy shop.
All PDF Patterns are 40% off through the month of November
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms.
- If you want to change the width of the scarf the initial foundation chain needs to be multiples of 4 + 2
- Finished Size: 64 inches long x 8 inches wide
- Initial chains in rows do not count as a stitch
- There is no specific amount of times to repeat row 4, just repeat until you reach the length you want. With the gauge as a guide, repeating row 4, 14 times gives about 5 inches in length on the scarf. 445 yards of the Unforgettable yarn gave a 64-inch long scarf.
4″ x 4″ swatch of double crochet stitches = 14 stitches wide x 9 rows tall
- 2 skeins (about 445 yards used) Red Heart Unforgettable Yarn in the color Tealberry
- 6.0mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.
- Stitch Markers
Crochet Stitches Used and Abbreviations:
Athena Scarf Pattern:
Foundation: Ch 30
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next stitch, sc all across, turn
Row 2: ch 1, sc in 1st stitch, sc all across, turn
Row 3: ch 2, dc in 1st stitch, * ch 3, skip next 3 stitches, [sl st, hdc, dc] in next stitch, repeat from * 5 more times, ch 3, skip 3 stitches, [sl st, hdc] in last stitch, turn
Row 4: ch 2, dc in 1st stitch, * ch 3, skip next ch 3 space, [sl st, hdc, dc] in space between dc and hdc in previous row, repeat from * all across until last ch 3 space is left, ch 3, [sl st, hdc] in space between initial ch and dc of previous row, turn
Rows 5+: repeat Row 4 until you reach the desired length
Third to last row: ch 1, sc in 1st stitch, * sc 3 times in ch 3 space, sc in next dc, skip hdc and skip sl st, repeat from * all across until last ch space is left, sc 3 times in ch 3 space, skip dc, sc in space between initial chain and dc of previous row, turn
Last 2 rows:: ch 1, sc in 1st stitch, sc all across, turn, on last row tie off and weave in ends
Other Scarf Patterns from FirstTheCoffee:
You may not copy, make video tutorials of, or sell my patterns. You may not claim my patterns as your own. You can sell your finished items made using my patterns but please credit FirstTheCoffee.com by linking back to this pattern. You may not re-publish my photos as your own. If you are interested in using one of my patterns in a roundup post on your blog, you can use one photo and link back to the pattern on my blog. Do not repost/copy the pattern.