Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch Back Loop Only Details
What is a Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch Back Loop Only
A half double crochet slip stitch back loop only is a half double crochet slip stitch that is worked only in the back loop of the stitch you are working in instead of going under both of the loops in a stitch.
The biggest hurdle that new crocheters have with this stitch is finding the back loop of the stitch. In the picture below the red lines are the back loops of the stitches you would be inserting your hook under.
- Crochet Hook
- To work a half double crochet slip stitch blo you will first need to have a row of stitches to work in as it cannot be done in a foundation chain.
- Once you have your row of stitches chain one at the start of the row (this will not count as a stitch)
- Yarn over your crochet hook.
- Insert your hook under the back loop only of the stitch you are working in.
- Yarn over and pull up a loop, continue to pull through all loops on your hook.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 throughout the row.
- To start a new row, chain 1 and turn your work and repeat the same process as above.
Other Crochet Stitch Tutorials:
- Slip Stitch Back Loop Only Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Single Crochet Back Loop Only
- Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Half Double Crochet Back Loop Only
- Linked Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Extended Single Crochet Stitch
- Double Crochet Stitch
- Triple Crochet Stitch
- Double Triple Crochet Stitch