Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Using the single crochet back loop only can give you a ribbed texture to your crochet stitches.
It is also called the Back Loop Single Crochet by some crocheters.
This stitch is easy to make all that you have to do is locate the back loops of the stitches you are working in. They are shown in the picture below with red on them:
Single Crochet Back Loop Stitch Details
|Abbreviations||scble, sc-blo, or blsc|
|Common Names||Single Crochet Back Loop Only or Back Loop Single Crochet|
Abbreviation for Single Crochet Back Loop Only Stitch
On crochet patterns, single crochet back loop only will be abbreviated as blsc, sc-blo, or scblo.
Crochet Patterns Using the Single Crochet Back Loop Only Stitch
- Crochet Hook
- Once you have your foundation row you can begin the single crochet back loop only on the next row, start by chaining 1.
- Insert your hook into the back loop of the 1st stitch
- Yarn over on your crochet hook and pull up a loop through the back loop (you will have 2 loops on your hook)
- Yarn over on your crochet hook again and pull through both loops on the hook.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 throughout the row to complete a row of back loop single crochet stitches.
Other Crochet Stitch Tutorials:
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch
- Half Double Slip Stitch
- Half Double Crochet Back Loop Only
- Extended Single Crochet
- Double Crochet Stitch
- Triple Crochet Stitch