Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Triple Crochet Stitch Details
|Other Names||Treble Crochet Stitch|
What is a Triple Crochet Stitch?
A triple crochet stitch is a tall crochet stitch that is taller than the double crochet stitch. It is great to use in crochet patterns to add height quickly.
Is the Triple Crochet and Treble Crochet The Same Thing?
For US crochet terms the triple crochet and treble crochet are the same crochet stitch.
Triple Crochet Abbreviation
The triple crochet stitch is abbreviated in crochet patterns as tr.
- Crochet Hook
- Make a slip knot to get your yarn on the crochet hook.
- Make a chain to your desired length and add 3 chains more to that number.
- Yarn over twice on your crochet hook. (you will have 3 loops on your hook)
- Insert your hook into the 5th chain from your hook.
- Yarn over your hook again.
- Pull the yarn through the chain stitch on your hook (you will have 4 loops on your hook)
- Yarn over your crochet hook.
- Pull the yarn through two of the loops on the crochet hook (you will now have 3 loops remaining on your hook)
- Yarn over your crochet hook again and pull the yarn through two of the loops on the crochet hook (you will now have 2 loops remaining on your hook)
- Yarn over your crochet hook again and pull the yarn through the remaining two loops on the crochet hook .
Other Crochet Stitch Tutorials:
- Single Crochet Back Loop Only
- Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch
- Half Double Crochet Back Loop Only
- Linked Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Extended Single Crochet Stitch
- Double Triple Crochet Stitch
- Slip Stitch Back Loop Only Stitch