The Marion Infinity Scarf
As the amber leaves begin to grace the ground and the briskness of fall fills the air, there’s no better time to wrap ourselves in a little added warmth. The days are getting shorter and cooler, beckoning us towards cozy evenings and comforting layers.
I love working up new crochet scarf patterns and the Marion Infinity Scarf was a joy to stitch up, it’s a modern crochet infinity scarf pattern with a knit look that can help protect against the autumn chill coming closer each day.
With its knit-like appearance and the softness of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn, this scarf is set to be your favorite fall companion.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms.
- The scarf is worked in the round.
- To change the length of the scarf the starting chain can be any number.
- To change the width you can adjust the amount of times the repeat rounds are done.
- Initial chains at the start of each round do not count as a stitch
- The foundation chain is made using the 6.00 mm hook and the rest of the scarf uses a 5.50 mm hook.
- Finished size is 60 inches around x 6 inches wide
- 392 yards of a #4 medium-weight yarn
- Yarn Used: 221g of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- 5.50 mm crochet hook & 6.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.
- Stitch Markers (Optional)
Crochet Stitches and Abbreviations Used:
- ch – chain
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- sl st – slip stitch
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- hdc in the 3rd loop – half double crochet into the 3rd loop
- sc in the 3rd loop – single crochet into the 3rd loop
Modern Crochet Infinity Scarf Written Pattern:
(6.00 mm crochet hook):
Foundation Chain (01:28): Ch 225, join 1st and last ch with sl st to create a circle
(5.5 mm crochet hook):
Round 1 (): (working in the back bump) ch 1, sc in the 1st st, sc in each st all the way around, sl st to join 1st and last sts of the round
Round 2 (): ch 1, (starting in the 1st st) hdc in each st all the way around, sl st to join 1st and last sts of the round
Round 3 (): ch 1, (starting in the 1st st) hdc in the 3rd loop in each st all the way around, sl st to join 1st and last sts of the round
Round 4 (): repeat round 3
Round 5 (): ch 1, (starting in the 1st st) sc in the 3rd loop in each st around all the way around, sl st to join 1st and last sts of the round
Rounds 6 – 17 (): repeat rounds 2 – 5 3 more times
Round 18 (): repeat round 2
Rounds 19 – 21 (): repeat round 3
Round 22 (): ch 1, (starting in the 1st st) sc in each st all the way around, sl st to join 1st and last sts of the round
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Share Your Work
Have you made this pattern? Let us know by tagging @firstthe_coffee on Instagram and use the hashtag #firstthecoffeecrochet. You can also join FirstTheCoffee’s Facebook Group and show off your crochet projects.
You may not copy, make video tutorials of, or sell my patterns. You may not claim my patterns as your own. You can sell your finished items made using my patterns but please credit FirstTheCoffee.com by linking back to this pattern. You may not re-publish my photos as your own. If you are interested in using one of my patterns in a roundup post on your blog, you can use one photo and link back to the pattern on my blog. Do not repost/copy the pattern.