The Whitley Crochet Dishcloth pattern uses the paired single crochet stitch and the half double crochet front loop only stitch to create a beautiful texture on the front of the dishcloth and a ridged back to help when you need to scrub things.
If you are not sure how to do these particular crochet stitches don’t worry, we have tutorials for each stitch. And we also have a video tutorial for how to make this dishcloth that shows you how to do the stitches.
Ad-Free PDF Patterns Are Available:
The full written pattern and video are available below with display ads. But if you would like a written ad-free PDF to add to your pattern collection you can do so by purchasing one from my Ravelry shop or Etsy shop.
All PDF Patterns are 40% off through the month of November
Crochet Abbreviations Used (US Terms):
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- hdc-flo – half double crochet front loop only
- psc – paired single crochet
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms.
- If you want to change the size of this dishcloth, the initial foundation chain can be any number
- Initial chains in a row do not count as a stitch.
- Finished Size: 8 inches x 8 inches
- Lily’s Sugar and Cream Yarn (1 Skein, approx 70 yards used) or other cotton yarn in worsted weight
- 4.5 mm ( 7 ) crochet hook
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.
Gauge is not important for this pattern, but for those who like to work with one:
- 14 stitches x 10 rows of half double crochet = 4” x 4”
Whitley Crochet Dishcloth Pattern:
Foundation: ch 29
Row 1: hdc in 2nd chain from stitch, psc in next stitch, psc all across.
Row 2 : ch 1, turn, hdc-flo in 1st stitch, hdc-flo all across
Row 3: ch 1, turn, hdc in 1st stitch, psc in next stitch, psc all across
Rows 4 – 25: repeat rows 2 and 3 (row 3 for odd number rows, row 2 for even number rows)
At the end of row 25, tie off and weave in ends.
You may not copy, make video tutorials of, or sell my patterns. You may not claim my patterns as your own. You can sell your finished items made using my patterns but please credit FirstTheCoffee.com by linking back to this pattern. You may not re-publish my photos as your own. If you are interested in using one of my patterns in a roundup post on your blog, you can use one photo and link back to the pattern on my blog. Do not repost/copy the pattern.