For awhile now, I’ve gotten requests for a dishcloth pattern that is a sc + hdc combo stitch, so I sat down last week and got to work on one. The result? This beautifully textured stitch that I’m loving and a new dishcloth pattern to stitch up. And the best part is that it is a super easy stitch to do and great for new crocheters who are looking to practice the half double crochet and single crochet stitches.
Even More Crochet Dishcloth Patterns:
Ad-Free PDF Patterns Are Available:
The full written pattern and video are available below with display ads. But if you would like a written ad-free PDF to add to your pattern collection you can do so by purchasing one from my Ravelry shop or Etsy shop.
The ad-free PDF copy of the pattern is 50% off through October 15th, 2023. No code is needed, just add the pattern to your cart and the discount will show.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms.
- The stitch count is in parenthesis at the end of each row.
- The starting chain at the beginning of each row does not count as a stitch.
- To change the width, the initial chain needs to be an even number
- To change the height, change the number of times you do the main sc + hdc combo repeat row.
- The finished size is 7.5” tall x 7” wide
- 65 yards of a #4 medium-weight cotton yarn
- Yarn Used: Lily’s Sugar and Cream
- 4.5 mm ( 7 ) crochet hook
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.
- Stitch Markers (optional)
Dishcloth Pattern Tutorial:
Foundation: Ch 30
Row 1: sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc all the way across (29 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, [sc, hdc] in the 1st st, skip 1 st, * [sc, hdc] in the next st, skip 1 st, repeat from * until 1 st is left in the row, sc in last st (29 sts)
Rows 3 – 5: repeat row 2
Row 6: ch 1, turn, sc into 1st st, sc all the way across (29 sts)
Rows 7 – 8: repeat row 6
Rows 9 – 22: repeat row 2
Rows 23 – 25: repeat row 6
Rows 26 – 29: repeat row 2
Row 30: repeat row 6