Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure at the bottom of the page.
If you are looking for a new stitch to add texture and dimension to your crochet projects then the Lemon Peel Crochet Stitch might be just what you are looking for! This simple yet stunning crochet stitch adds a beautiful texture to any design and is perfect for creating a range of crochet projects. All you need to know for the Lemon Peel Stitch is how to make a chain, the single crochet stitch, and the double crochet stitch. In this crochet stitch tutorial, we’ll show you step-by-step how to master the Lemon Peel Stitch. So grab your hook and some yarn and let’s get started!
Is the Lemon Peel Stitch the Same as the Seed Stitch?
The lemon peel stitch and the seed stitch are the same crochet stitch. Like many other crochet stitches, this stitch goes by several names.
The crochet lemon peel stitch is most commonly called “lemon peel” because the texture this stitch creates resembles the bumpy surface of a lemon.
Crochet Patterns That Use The Lemon Peel Stitch
More patterns featuring the Lemon Peel stitch are on the way! Sign up for our newsletter (form at the top of the page) to be in the loop as new patterns are released.
How Do You Do The Lemon Peel Stitch?
The Lemon Peel stitch is a combination of the single crochet stitch and the double crochet stitch alternated across a row.
Each row starts with a single crochet, then the double crochet stitch is done after the single crochet, followed by another single crochet, then double crochet. These two stitches are alternated across the entire row. The last stitch on a row of lemon peel stitches is always a double crochet stitch, so the stitch count of a row for the lemon peel needs to be an even number.
Lemon Peel Stitch Video Tutorial
How to do the Lemon Peel Crochet Stitch
Lemon Peel Stitch in a Foundation Chain
- Make a foundation chain of any length, making sure it is an odd number.
- Single Crochet in the 2nd chain from your hook.
- Double crochet in the next chain.
- Single crochet in the next chain.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 all across the foundation chain.
Lemon Peel Stitch in a New Row
- Chain 1 at the start of the row
- Single crochet in the 1st stitch of the row.
- Double Crochet in the next Stitch.
- Single Crochet in the next Stitch
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 all across the row until 1 stitch is left.
- Double Crochet into the last stitch of the row.